FIVE REASONS YOU NEED A REAL ESTATE AGENT TO SELL YOUR HOME
For many people, the hot summer season may get a bit sticky or uncomfortable. But, those who are thinking about selling a home, those who have recently listed their homes or those who are at any point in the home sale process may be sweating for a few entirely different reasons—and, for good reason. In any weather, a lot of work goes into selling a home.
How can you remain as cool as a cucumber when you’re dealing with the heat of trying to sell your home? By getting the help of a trusted real estate agent, of course! If you were considering selling your home on your own this summer, let us share five reasons why you need to sell with a real estate agent:
1. Selling a home takes time. When you sell a home, it goes without saying that you will have a closing period and that typically lasts 30-60 days. However, that period does not account for the additional time it may take to even approach closing. There is the time it takes to prepare a home for sale, get it listed, market it, show it, talk with buyers and more! Don’t have the time or energy to put in what it may take to list and sell your home? Your real estate agent will.
2. Real estate agents know the market. Of course, you may think you have an idea of how the real estate market is going for sellers in your area. Not only are real estate agents well-versed in the areas where they live and work, but they also have access to additional tools that are not available to everyday sellers. Real estate agents can easily access information about recent sales. They also typically have great connections when it comes to inspectors or other contractors who may be able to help with a home sale.
3. Their knowledge gives them pricing power. Because real estate agents have access to recent comparable sales, they are able to easily help their clients set a fair price for their homes. Sure, anyone can guess how much they think their home is worth. But, real estate agents know how to set the prices that can bring serious buyers to the closing table.
Another major reason you need a real estate agent when it comes to price is negotiating. Once you and your real estate agent have set a price for your home, he or she will take care of negotiating with interested buyers to get you the most for your home.
4. Real estate agents know how to attract serious buyers. For every reason from helping you to properly stage your home to answering buyer questions and vetting prospective buyers, you need a real estate agent. In fact, some buyers may even feel turned off if they are forced to interact with a homeowner during a showing or walk-through. Why? Many homeowners are very proud of their homes, but they may have a problem being objective when it comes to buyer questions. Many prospective buyers only want the facts, not the family history of a home.
5. A real estate agent will market your home like you simply cannot. We’ve already mentioned how a real estate agent can help you stage your home for sale. Along with that staging comes taking professional listing photos, which a real estate agent also can help with. And, that’s just the beginning. Your real estate agent will have access to the real estate database known as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). On top of all of that access, real estate agents also know how to navigate traditional and digital media—including social media—to reach all interested buyers. Yes, they may suggest and host your open house; yes, they will talk to other agents about your home sale; yes, they’ll get your home sold.
If you need even more proof as to why you need a real estate agent to sell your home this summer, contact one! Get in touch with a trusted Residential Properties Ltd agent to help you sell your home today!